Virtual Entertainment During COVID-19
Actors, musicians, TV hosts, book publishers, companies, and Leslie Jones (go follow him on Instagram for daily entertainment) are finding creative ways to keep us entertained in the safety of our own homes during COVID-19 "shelter in place" orders.
Here are some of our favorites we recommend you check out!
For the Kids
- Cincinnati Zoo is hosting a Home Safari every day at 2pm CST via Facebook Live.
- Georgia Aquarium has a constant live stream of their Beluga whales on their website.
- Mondays with Michelle Obama has former First Lady Michelle Obama teaming up with Penguin Random House's "Read Together, Be Together" literary initiative, and she'll be reading a children's story every Monday from April 20 to May 11 at 11am CST. These story times will be live-streamed on PBS Kids' Facebook Page and YouTube Channel.
- The Frozen actor and voice of Olaf has started Story Time with Josh Gad since quarantine began. He reads a children's story using all kinds of fun voices. Check out his Twitter page for details and a schedule.
- Check out Delish's Instagram every day at 12pm CST for their Cooking Together With Kids mini cooking lessons. If you follow them on Instagram, they'll let you know what you'll need ahead of time.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12pm CST, Crayola hosts a live demo with crafter Lynn Lilly on Facebook Live.
For the Adults
- MasterClass Live is offering one free class each week on Wednesday evenings at 7pm CST where you can learn about a topic from experts like author Dan Brown or Interior Designer Kelly Wearstler. Watch the classes on their website or YouTube channel.
- If you haven't already heard, HBO is offering up its programming for free right now. You can watch through the HBO app or several of its shows can be found on Hulu. Catch up on those shows you've been wanting to watch before they're gone!
- For those of you missing sports, MLB.tv is offering free streaming of 2018 and 2019 games as long as you create a free account with them.
- There are all kinds of free workout services being offered including free trials from Peloton and Echelon FitPass where you can tune in for live and on-demand classes like cardio, pilates, Zumba and more.
- The New York Metropolitan Opera is streaming encore performances every day at 6:30pm CST and will remain available to watch for 20 hours. You can watch it in your browser or on the Met Opera on Demand app.
Virtual Concerts & Shows
- If you missed Disney's Family Sing-A-Long, it is now streaming on Disney+!
- Similarly, if you missed the One World: Together At Home Special, you can watch it on YouTube.
- April 23: Carly Pearce and Lee Brice are going live on Instagram at 5pm CST for an "I Hope You're Happy Now" Happy Hour.
- April 24: For all of our Broadway lovers, Andrew Lloyd Weber's Phantom sequel, Love Never Dies will stream live for 48 hours starting Friday, April 24 on the Shows Must Go On YouTube channel. Keep up-to-date with them for more information on which shows they'll be featuring next.
- April 24: Join some of country music's biggest names for Stagecouch Weekend Friday, April 24-Sunday, April 26 from 11am-4pm CST. The online event will be streamed on Sirius XM's "The Highway" on Channel 56 or you can tune in on Instagram.
- May 1: If your high-schooler is sad about missing out on prom this year, tune into KIIS FM's YouTube Channel at 8:30pm CST on May 1 where iHeartMedia Los Angeles' 102.7 KIIS FM will be hosting a Virtual Prom. The event will feature DJ sets from Joe Jonas, Dillon Francis and Loud Luxury, a special guest appearance from Lauv and more.
- May 2: Eva Longoria is hosting a virtual Cinco de Mayo celebration with Latin music stars Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Luis Fonsi, J Balvin, Diane Guerrero and Ana Brenda Contreras. The virtual concert will stream live on Facebook Live, Youtube, Twitter and more on May 5 at 4pm CST. The event is free to watch but viewers are encouraged to make donations.
Are your kids bored?
We also put together a post with 70+ activities, streaming services, website, and apps to keep your kids entertained during qurantine.